19 February 2011

The King's Speech (2010)


Trailer

Because I bloody well stammer!
So basically: The Duke of York, "Bertie," is plagued with a stutter that affects his ability to speak in public. Worried and out of options, his wife hired unorthodox speech therapist Lionel Logue and reluctantly Bertie accepts his help. With the untimely death of his father, the former king, and his brother, the next in line, unwilling to lead the country, Bertie ascends to the throne as King George VI just as World War II breaks out.

Yey Colin Firth! He was epic as Bertie and Geoffrey Rush was amazing beside him. They definitely carry the film well. But, the subject matter ... dragged on a bit. There was a little bit in the middle where I just wished the film would end, but it started out well and defs ended very excitingly. Also Helena Bonham Carter! Wow! Who knew she could do that?

It was definitely a lot better than some movies on the list, but I don't think it deserves a spot.

Ziggi seal of disapproval!

5 comments:

  1. That's disappointing, I still wanna see it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should. It's not a bad movie, but it's not one of the "top 250" movies
    :) I enjoyed it and I wouldn't be disappointed if it took home the Oscar [this, 127 Hours, and Winter's Bone are my favourites]

    ReplyDelete
  3. many movies dont deserve entery of the list ...but i adored this movie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno why you disapprove of this.

    ReplyDelete